Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Panoz and the case of the missing staff

Chiming in.

I got this from talking to Brandon at the new phone number after I've been waiting on parts for my dinged up Roadster for going on 8 months.

Some time a few months back, the staff at Panoz split off to deal with car building while Dan Panoz is continuing on engineering, design, and "dabbling" with part fulfillment so as far as I'm aware, there are 2 addresses to keep in mind. Only problem is that the old phone number (Dan's part) are no longer being answered and all the VM are full.

Here's my situation...

My body shop girl spoke with Dan back in December at which point she heard that Brandon (Panoz's parts guy) was no longer working there (although there is still a VM specifically for him even today). She was working with Brandon to get my new fender and wheel out to me (which we did get), but we now needed parts to fix the messed up rear suspension. So my girl places an order with Dan for the necessary parts.

Fast forward 4 months, and I'm asking my body shop girl "WTF is taking so long". She indicates that VMs and emails to Dan are no longer being returned and that the order for the parts has never been charged.

I'm a lil erked. I'm getting involved. I knew about the new site and figured I'd give the new number a call. This gets me to a receptionist that -in a round about way- gets me to Brandon (the guy that no longer works at Panoz). After speaking to him, I got the skinny on the situation and needless to say, we had to cancel to parts order with Dan (engineering Panoz) to do the order thru Brandon (car manufacturing Panoz). Car manufacturing is also where John Leveret is listed as (per the new website).

This just went down a few days ago so wither or not the parts come is yet to be seen.

Just FYI.

When I toured the facility last October with John L. I met Brandon who sold me some hood and trunk struts on the spot (at reasonable prices). John told me that Danny is not involved with the new Panoz, the new efforts are being lead by Don. Danny's engineering work is on his own projects unrelated to Panoz cars.
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Time for me to drive over there and find out what's going on

Comment

Working...
      X