Roadster in an upcoming movie...maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster in an upcoming movie...maybe

I could swear I saw for a breif second that there was a Roadster in the "Pain & Gain" pteview

Opps scratch that...now that I see it on my PC and can pause it...it's a Prowler. My bad.

1:48

Comment

Its too late, most likely, but it would not have hurt to have had an Esperante in one of the Transformers movies (despite being terrible films) if GM had not had that series so tied up or one of the Fast & Furious movies. People cannot lust after what they don't know exists and despite the internet, most people still need movies and TV to tell them what is cool.

Comment

No doubt about it - TV, movies or commercials are the best avenue to brand awareness. Unfortunately for Panoz automobile owners (and our resell values) this isn't a concept that the folks at PADC have ever embraced.
        I was told that Dan Panoz was once offered a spot in a movie for an Esperante but declined because the producers wouldn't guarantee that the car would be returned unharmed. Even if the car was returned in pieces, it would have still been the best money that PADC's advertising budget could have ever spent.

I keep hoping that someday Hollywood will produce a blockbuster hit featuring a Roadster and catapult the underlying value of Panoz cars everywhere. Go ahead and laugh but its happened before.......anyone ever see the 1988 hit "Tucker, The Man and His Dreams" with Jeff Bridges?
        The cost of a Tucker in 1948 - $2,450.00
        The average sales price before the movie - $20K - $50K
        The 2012 auction sales price of Tucker unit #1043 - $2.915 MILLION
        And this for a car with no Le Mans winning pedigree!

BTW, the Roadster (not an AIV) made an appearance in some low budget flick a few years back. I don't know the name of the movie but posted a clip from the movie scene below. Does anyone else know what the name of the movie is?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X