Pictures of our Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of our Cars

I am interested to see everyone's cars. Please post some pictures. Let's give Panoz Life some life. Here is our 2006 GTLM. It was a SEMA show car on the Ford stand in November 2006 and was the only Panoz sold by The Auto Gallery in Fresno, CA. I courted it for a year before the dealer finally got serious about pricing. I couldn't be happier with the car.
    Ken
    Attached Files
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Wow, Yellow works nice on the Panoz. I have seen a few Roadsters in yellow, but this may be my first view of a Esperante. I also like the yellow accents in the interior and valve covers. Did the dealer do these, or JRT??????

Comment

The yellow accents in the interior and the engine covers were both done at the factory. The paint is PPG Orion Yellow Pearl which was made for the Lamborghini Gallardo initially. It has some green tints to it in sunlight and is a real highlight to the car. I believe that they used this paint on two cars in 2006, mine and a GT sold out of Orange County and shown at the LA Auto Show that year.
      2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

I very much like the yellow. I have a GTLM in Chilli Pepper Red. I also like your yellow seats. BTW, I'm in Colorado Springs, CO...and met the only other Panoz owner in CO that I know of at a car show a month or so ago...
        Originally posted by 2006GTLM View Post
        The yellow accents in the interior and the engine covers were both done at the factory. The paint is PPG Orion Yellow Pearl which was made for the Lamborghini Gallardo initially. It has some green tints to it in sunlight and is a real highlight to the car. I believe that they used this paint on two cars in 2006, mine and a GT sold out of Orange County and shown at the LA Auto Show that year.

Comment

1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Here's our girl, took Platinum at Celebration this year. Nice to be the only Panoz in a sea of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti!
          Attached Files
          RLToy
          1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Comment

My 99' AIV

And still just has 1,300 miles on her.....
            Attached Files

Comment

A few to add.
              Attached Files

Comment

The Burgandy one looks like a Magnussen Edition! So cool to see two Esperante's in the same place!

Thanks!

Comment

Mr Ackmann,

Can you tell me more about the blue Epserante? It's beautiful. By any chance, is it the 2006 GT that just sold at the Scottsdale auction? Also, do you know the exact color? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for intruding but you do realize that the car in the picture is a Esperante and not an GT. The attached picture is the GT from the auction.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No intrusion at all GTLM... Now that you point it out, I can see some slight differences between the two cars. For instance, it looks like there's a scooped hood on the GT. What were the other main features that distinguished a GT from a base Esperante? Also, do you think the two cars are the same color? Any idea what Panoz called that color? Thanks.

Comment

Yes they are both Sapphire Blue Metallic.

Go to the Panoz factory website and click on "build your Panoz" and you can see the difference.
                        http://www.panozauto.com/Default.htm
                        Last edited by PanozGTLM; 02-21-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell from the photos but it may be Brabham Blue on the base Esperante. Panoz offered that colour named after one of their drivers David Brabham.

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

Well the Custom Red paint for my Panoz makes the Corvettes torch red look orange!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X